Saturday, March 19, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Good Person! by Wigu Publishing


BLURB:

This highly acclaimed children’s book series by Wigu Publishing introduces young readers to the people in their communities who serve others through their vocations. With 8 titles published and many more in the works, the When I Grow Up… series promises to both enlighten and inspire young readers.

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...a Good Person! is a story about two young brothers. For Blake and Brendan, going to a funeral seems like a really bad idea. But what they discover might just change their minds for good!

Blake and Brendan would do almost anything to get out of going to Mr. Becket’s funeral. It will be boring and sad—and dead people are scary! There might even be ghosts! But Mom and Dad insist. Mr. Becket was a good person, and it is right to gather with his family and friends to remember him and all the good things he did. So what’s so good about remembering a dead person? A lot. Readers learn with Blake and Brendan what it means to be a good person and all the ways a good person makes a difference in people’s lives, even long after they’re gone.

REVIEW BY: Angelina, age 9 years, 5 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was okay, it wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't the worst. 

It was about two boys that didn't want to go to a funeral, but they had to, so they went. My favorite picture is when they were arguing with their dad. 

My favorite character is Brendan because he is funny and tries to see the bright side. 

I think that this book has a very good message for younger readers. 

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 5 to 9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment