Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: A Sliver of Stardust by Marissa Burt


BLURB:

A world of wonder, adventure, and magic awaits in this rich new middle grade fantasy from Marissa Burt, author of Storybound.

I am a gold lock.
I am a gold key.
However high and low you hunt,
You’ll never find me.

Wren Matthews thought she’d outgrown nursery rhymes a long time ago. But that was before she knew that songs of twinkling little stars and four-and-twenty blackbirds were the key to an ancient, hidden magic.

Wren’s discovery catapults her into a world of buried secrets, whispered rumors, and a faraway castle under an aurora-filled sky. As she tries to master abilities she never could have imagined, Wren only knows one thing for sure. There’s magic in the world—and it’s waiting for her.

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 12 years, 10 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was absolutely fascinating! It was as magical and wonderful as Harry Potter! 

My favorite character is either Wren or Simon. I love Wren because she is a spunky, powerful, brave and smart heroine that never backs down from a challenge. I also like Simon because he is a smart and loyal friend who makes me feel good about his heart. 

My favorite scene is when they meet Baxter, Liza, and Mary because it feels like one big normal family. I also enjoyed when Wren speaks out about Elsa because it makes me laugh and feel brave at the same time. 

I recommend this book to anyone who likes majestic and powerful lands, magical powers, astronomy and stardust rhymes. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did! 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 11 and up. 

This book was published on October 20, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment