Monday, October 19, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Lord of the Ralphs by John McNally


BLURB:

Every school year was a chance to start all over again, and so while the first seven months of 1978 had sucked, I had high hopes that August would be the beginning of the year not sucking. And because it would be my last year of grade school, I had secretly hoped that eighth grade would be different somehow, that a cute girl from another state would transfer to my school and fall insanely in love with me . . .

Two boys, Hank and Ralph, create moments of outrageous transcendence in this comic novel about adolescence in the 1970s—a time, like today, when adults couldn't be trusted and just getting by was hard work. Amid the clatter of Cheap Trick and Styx, CB radios and Creature Features, this novel belts out timeless truths about boyhood, friendship, and redemption. Lord of the Ralphs is a reincarnation of the author's beloved novel for adults, The Book of Ralph, revised and expanded specifically for YA readers.

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 12 years, 11 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was hilarious and intense! It had wonderful characters too! 

This book is about Hank and his friend Ralph. When Ralph makes a list of injuries to give someone for money, he gets something he doesn't want to do. What will both of them do?

I don't want to spoil it for you any more than I need to! 

My favorite part is when Hank goes to the shoe store and Roark thinks Hank is still stalking him, it is just so hilarious! 

I recommend this book to boys who like seeing people having a hard time! Ha ha! I know some! 

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 and up. 

This book's publishing date is October 20, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment