Tuesday, September 29, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Dream on, Amber by Emma Shevah


BLURB:


My name is Ambra Alessandra Leola Kimiko Miyamoto.

I have no idea why my parents gave me all those hideous names but they must have wanted to ruin my life, and you know what? They did an amazing job.

As a half-Japanese, half-Italian girl with a ridiculous name, Amber's not feeling molto bene (very good) about making friends at her new school.

But the hardest thing about being Amber is that a part of her is missing. Her dad. He left when she was little and he isn't coming back. Not for her first day of middle-school and not for her sister's birthday. So Amber will have to dream up a way for the Miyamoto sisters to make it on their own...


REVIEW BY: Michaela, age 11 years, 3 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

I really enjoyed this book! Amber loves art, but is missing something (her dad). 

I liked the fact that Amber was able to overcome and get through everything with art. I, myself, am an artist and use art to express my feelings and help me out when I am sad, mad, etc. 

My favorite character is Amber because she is strong and helps everyone. My favorite part is Amber's sister's birthday party. 

I recommend this book to every tween girl that needs an enjoyable story about a girl that has grit and can preserve through anything. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 to 13. 

This book's publishing date is October 1, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment